Delivering social value to our clients and their residents is central to our culture, we work in partnership with clients to develop bespoke social value packages for each project.
In 2019 we were involved in a number of projects that added value to the communities we worked in, these included:
- Providing work experience and employment through Women into Construction CIC
- Providing work experience for five students
- Attendance at careers fairs
- Supporting staff through training to degree level
- Refurbishment of a domestic violence refuge kitchen
- Refurbishing hydrotherapy pool steps
- Coffee mornings with free raffles at various sheltered accommodation schemes
- Sponsorship of client customer awards
- Sponsorship of junior sports teams and school events
We were also delighted to accept the 2019 Social Value Contractor of the Year award from our partners Barnet Homes.
In addition to the social value we deliver in partnership with our clients, R. Benson launched a Charity Fundraising Programme in 2019. We set an ambitious target of raising £20,000 for various charities throughout the year and with the support of colleagues, friends, family and our supply chain partners we were able to donate over £22,000 to our three charities of the year SeeAbility. Bright Cancer Care and Kids Cancer Charity.