In 2015 R. Benson was appointed by Barnet Homes as the Principal Contractor to carry out all major void refurbishment works under a 3-year partnering framework which was extended for a further 12-month period. We successfully retendered for a further 3 year partnering framework with Barnet Homes in May 2019 which evidences the successful delivery of the initial framework and the confidence Barnet Homes has in the quality of the work delivered by our team.
Work streams were managed by a dedicated LB Barnet site-based management team and the majority of work was delivered by our in-house direct labour resource that includes NICEIC and Gas Safe engineers.
Scope and services provided:
- Kitchens & Bathroom Replacement
- Disable adaptations
- Painting and decorating
- Replacing flooring
- Internal doors, including fire doors
- Non-structural changes to building configuration
- Electrical rewires
- Central heating and boiler replacement
In addition to the above we also provided the following services to Barnet Homes:
- Full technical surveys prior to works commencing, to ensure all the works are covered, giving the client cost certainty and managing the Residents expectations.
- Adherence to agreed time scales, and real-time reporting of progress with data captured shared with Barnet Homes.
- Dedicated senior management based on site, contract manager, commercial manager, to allow strategic decisions to be made quickly and effectively with Barnet Homes.
R. Benson self-delivered the majority of works however, on long term contracts we will reach out to the local supply chain to support the timely deliver of works during peaks.
We successfully developed partnerships with a number of local subcontractors to deliver this framework. All subcontractors successfully completed our robust pre-qualification process and work back to back with the main contract. During the framework duration they have become members of the extended R. Benson team and have consistently achieved all KPIs set out under the contract terms.
As an SME we pride ourselves in positive business relationships with our suppliers – this is key to our success and continued growth. We monitor all our subcontractors and currently achieve 100% payments on time. We are signatories to the UK Prompt Payment Code.
R. Benson are long term partners and are always on hand to assist Barnet Homes in the event of emergencies and have assisted in delivering other works that are outside the scope detailed within the framework. We recently received a call for assistance following a devastating fire at one of their apartment blocks. Without hesitation, our team responded and worked with Barnet Homes to provide support wherever possible, including contacting our supply chain to arrange emergency scaffolding and our direct delivery team installing temporary hoarding. Our team stayed on site to support the Barnet Homes team for a long as they were needed to ensure the safety of residents and the general public.
R. Benson is a family run construction company who are committed to leaving a positive legacy in the communities we work in. During our long-term partnership with Barnet Homes we have demonstrated our commitment to their residents and the wider community in many ways, most recently we have provided the following social value:
- Attendance at community events, use of existing buildings and subsequent upgrade to act as a legacy from the framework
- Carried out extensive refurbishment to a new refuge for the Domestic Violence Sanctuary Unit
- Provided apprentice and work experience opportunities for local people
We were delighted to have been awarded the Barnet Homes Social Value contractor of the Year in 2019.