R. Benson was appointed under competitive tender based on baskets rates for the refurbishment to the Kitchen and bathrooms to flat and House type dwellings to Epsom, Ewell and Crawley.
We provided the full management service on property lists received from Rosebery Housing Association, providing timely cost forecasts. We ensured compliance to specification, whilst maintaining high standard of work all carried out in a safe manner.
Our service included all resident liaison aspects, from appointments and daily visits to open properties, complaints, and aftercare.
The works consisted of:
- Stock condition surveys
- Full design and installation of Kitchens
- Re-design and installation of bathrooms
- Electrical condition reports
- Local rewire of power and lighting circuits
- Full resident liaison services
During the mobilisation period, we agreed with Rosebery Housing Association to utilise an existing void property as our Site Office, with the undertaking to fully refurbish on completion to allow for immediate rental. Along with this agreement we identified disused garages that we cleared and used as a compound during the works. Nearing the completion of the contract we subsequently refurbished the garage doors, fitting new locks in order that Rosebery Housing Association and the community could benefit.
During the Contract, we fully embraced the Social value by:
- Employed one local person and placed on trade apprenticeships.
- Used local suppliers within each of the areas we were working, promoting business in the community and minimising travels distances for deliveries.
- We monitored our Social Value progress by including monthly updates within the formal reporting procedure identifying on going and future commitments.