Following a competitive tender process R. Benson was awarded the contract for the complete refurbishment, extension and adaptation works on the detached, three bedroomed residential property in Woodcroft Avenue.
The property had been empty for a number of years and was in a poor state of repair significant work was required to bring it back to a lettable standard. The property had been identified as suitable for a family with additional support needs and the new design incorporated a fully accessible property with carers facilities on the ground floor.
The full scope of works included:
- Side and rear single storey extensions with associated services
- Complete roof renewal
- Level access from the street and across threshold to main front entrance and rear access door
- Complete electrical rewire
- New plumbing, central heating, boiler and hot water storage cylinder
- Accessible kitchen
- Downstairs wet room with shower
- New UPVC doors and windows
- New first floor family bathroom
- Complete redecoration throughout
- Access ramps to front and rear of property
- New exterior level access patio area
- New secure fencing to perimeter of property
- New turf laid to large rear garden
- New car hard standing to front garden
Throughout the programme we worked in conjunction with the contract administrator to ensure key stage quality checks were undertaken and sign off by building control was achieved. The project was delivered to the delighted resident with zero defects at handover.
Our resident liaison officer worked with the new resident and the occupational health team to ensure all the needs of the resident were considered at each stage of the project. A full range of paint options were offered to the new residents allowing them to personalise the colours of each room. The kitchen was designed to allow the resident full access to the sink, workspace, oven and living area.