We have recently completed a 2 Year Framework for the conversion of existing buildings to be used as temporary and hostel accommodation and sheltered housing providing a total 130 rooms and self-contained units.
The scope of works included:
- Alterations and remodelling
- FRA upgrades
- Kitchen and bathroom replacements – individual and communal
- Full electrical rewires and central heating replacement
- All decorations and floor finishes
- External soft and hard landscaping.
All works were self delivered apart from specialist trades such as scaffold and asbestos removal.
To meet the programme and spend profile, we provided London Borough of Ealing accurate and timely budget forecasts which has enabled them to complete additional work under the framework. We achieved this by working with our experienced supply chain to offer enhanced designed solutions. On contract award we worked through the specifications and offered alternatives that provided savings whilst maintaining, or improving, performance. Agreed specification changes included:
- changing kitchen suppliers to Magnets from Howdens
- changing Class O paint from Dulux to Crown
- using Polysafe flooring instead of Kardean
Each of the projects in this framework had a unique set of challenges and required the engagement of specialist contractors, these included:
- the basement at Osborne Hotel had severe damp issues so we sub-contracted the drying out and tanking work
- at Cowings Mead there were heavy safes on the upper floor levels which needed careful removal from site
To ensure adherence with the main programme of works, all sub-contract orders issued to suppliers and contractors included an activity schedule matching back to back with the main programme.