R. Benson was appointed to deliver the conversion of former offices into 1 Two bedroom, 1 One bedroom and 1 Studio apartment.
The works consisted of:
- Soft Strip out to include wall and floor finishes back to sub-bases
- Structural alterations to include removal of walls, creating new door openings (internally) and creating new window opening to external walls and all associated steel beams
- Relocation of electrical meter and installation of additional meters
- Installation of new underground drainage
- Relocation of incoming water main and installation additional water mains
- Complete strip out back to all sub-bases including all services back to entry and complete fit out to include structural alterations
- Thermal upgrade of external walls to comply with building regulations part L
- Full re-wire of each property to include communal areas
- New gas boiler and full heating to upstairs flat
- New electric boiler and heating to bottom flat and bedsit
- New Kitchens and Bathrooms
- Front entrance doors and UPVC windows
- Soundproofing and Fire Proofing
- Plastering, decorations, floor coverings and wall tiling
R. Benson undertook the role of Principal Designer on this project and managed every aspect of the works including; complete design of the scheme, creating the full scope of works in-line with the agreed planning conditions, production of Building reg drawings and submission, SAP’s, Mechanical and Electrical design. Construction work was completed to budget with an agreed three-month period.
Access to the new top flat of this property was down a shared alleyway which was being used by three other commercial buildings. Throughout the build this area was kept clean and clear minimising disturbance to the neighbouring businesses.