Benson has worked with the Barnet Homes Private Social Landlord team since 2016 delivering a wide range of general maintenance and emergency response works and the Out of Borough’s Voids service. Barnet Homes has a portfolio of approximately 14,000 properties spread across LB Barnet and other London Boroughs as well as a portfolio of stock in Peterborough, Luton and Bedfordshire.
Our dedicated team, based in LB Barnet, respond quickly to all work orders raised ensuring work is completed within the agreed timescales by our experienced tradespeople. Work is instructed directly by Barnet Homes to our dedicated Site Manager who validates the survey and property to ensure full scope is provided along with an accurate price.
Scope and services provided include
General maintenance work is normally completed within an agreed 7-day turnaround period, subject to access arrangements as follows:
- General wear and tear/maintenance/refurbishment works
- Replacing broken items including hinges on kitchen cupboards, door handles, tiles and light fittings
- Deep cleans and minor redecoration work prior to new lettings – including carpet cleaning
- Aids and adaptations work
- Roof repairs, damp proof work and minor structural repairs
In addition, we provide a 2-hour emergency response services to manage the following:
- Boiler and heating repairs
- Electrical faults
- Lost key / key failure locksmith service
We hold a continuous stock of standard materials in our compound to ensure that response times are always achieved.
Despite the wide geographic spread of the properties involved in this Framework we have continually achieved all the benchmarked response times agreed and established with Barnet Homes. This has been achieved by our experience of working in partnership with Barnet Homes and our dedicated Site Management Team and supply chain.
The Site Manager & RLO are full time site based and are pivotal to the successful delivery of this work stream. They are the first point of contact for residents, carers, keyworkers etc. They work closely with Barnet Homes and their residents managing the delivery to ensure a clear line of communication is maintained for the duration of each project. They have ensured the effective communication at all stages of the works mitigating any potential issues whilst minimising the input required from Barnet Homes.
“…..Lisa has been a great constant from beginning to end, always there to answer my questions and always kind, professional, and helpful.” Resident
R. Benson is a family run construction company who are committed to leaving a positive legacy in the communities we work in. During our long-term partnership with Barnet Homes we have demonstrated our commitment to their residents and the wider community in many ways, most recently we have provided the following social value:
- Attendance at community events, use of existing buildings and subsequent upgrade to act as a legacy from the framework
- Carried out extensive refurbishment to a new refuge for the Domestic Violence Sanctuary Unit
- Provided apprentice and work experience opportunities for local people
We were delighted to have been awarded the Barnet Homes Social Value contractor of the Year in 2019.