Following the successful completion of various projects in 2014 R Benson tendered and was subsequently appointed as principal contractor to carry out planned works (kitchen and bathroom replacement) under a 3-year partnering framework. We successfully retendered for a further 3 year partnering framework with Barnet Homes in May 2019 which demonstrates the successful delivery of these works.
Work streams are delivered by our dedicated site based management team and our direct labour resource which includes NIC EiC and Gas Safe engineers. Our collaborative approach provides a best value service with full quality and cost control that has allowed both Barnet Homes and R. Benson to accurately plan for future workloads. With our zero defects approach to quality and our effective handover management process we are improving our customer and client satisfaction year on year, currently standing at 98%.
Scope and services provided:
- Full technical surveys prior to works commencing, to ensure all the works are included, giving the client cost certainty and managing the Residents expectations
- Adherence to agreed time scales, and real-time reporting of progress with data capture sheets that are shared with Barnet Homes
- Dedicated senior management staff based on site, including a full time contract manager and commercial manager, to allow strategic decisions to be made quickly and effectively with Barnet Homes
- Additional work streams include: private landlord repairs service, hoarding works to new micro infill developments and refurbishment of new housing stock purchased by Barnet Homes outside of the Borough of Barnet
R. Benson is a family run construction who are committed to leaving a positive legacy in the communities we work in. During our long term partnership with Barnet Homes we have demonstrated our commitment to their residents and the wider community in many ways, most recently we have provided the following social value for their community:
- Attendance at community events, use of existing buildings and subsequent upgrade to act as a legacy from the framework
- Carried out extensive refurbishment to a new refuge for the Domestic Violence Sanctuary Unit
- Provided apprentice and work experience opportunities for local people
We were delighted to have been awarded the Barnet Homes Social Value contractor of the Year in 2019.