Following a competitive tender process R. Benson successfully secured the tender for the roof replacement works at 376-378 Chiswick High Road, London.
The scope of works included:
- Full replacement of two existing flat roofs using the Centaur PU20 BUR liquid system totalling approximately 310m2
- Repositioning of 11no external condenser units and installation of new mounting feet for the condensers and the containment
- Provision of non-slip walkways to enable engineer access
- Roof repairs to Pagoda
- Wall repairs and redecoration
- Installation of edge protection system
- Upgrade of lightening conductors
The roofs were above the second floor offices on busy Chiswick High Road. There was very limited access to the roof and no parking available. To manage the movement of materials we worked with the scaffolders to develop a canter-lever scaffold system that maximised the available storage space using a platform in the small access area to the rear of the property. All arisings were removed from site on a daily basis using a wait and load waste management facility using the rear access.
During the preconstruction phase of the project we quickly identified that the decommissioning time of the condenser units could be minismised by moving them from their original location on the lower roof to the upper roof, once the new flat roof had been installed. The original location had no safe access, the new location utitlises the existing cat ladder. By working with the air-conditioning engineers and moving the units once, the users of the offices and shops being serviced by them experienced minimal downtime.
The original tender documents requested a 10 year guarantee, we were able to provide an insurance backed 20 year guarantee at no additional cost to the client.