Project Overview – Kitchen and Bathroom Replacements
Following the successful completion of various projects in 2014 R Benson tendered and was subsequently appointed as principal contractor to carry out planned works and major void refurbishment works (with planned works including kitchen and bathroom replacement) under a 3-year partnering framework.
Work streams are delivered by our site based dedicated management team and our, in house direct labour resource that includes NIC EiC and Gas Safe engineers. With our collaborative approach, this provides a best value service with full quality and cost control that has allowed both Barnet Homes and R Benson to accurately plan for future workloads.
Our performance on the existing Framework has been rewarded with additional work streams, over and above the framework scope, additional works being instructed that has increased our annual spend by a further 65% from £1.2m to £2m p.a. This has benefited Barnet Homes and their community as more properties have been improved within the original time scales. With our zero defects approach to quality and our effective handover management process we are improving our customer and client satisfaction year on year, currently standing at 98%.
Scope and services provided:
- Full technical surveys prior to works commencing, to ensure all the works are covered, giving the client cost certainty and managing the Residents expectations.
- Adherence to agreed time scales, and real-time reporting of progress with data capture sheets that were shared with Barnet.
Dedicated senior management based on site, contract manager, commercial manager, to allow strategic decisions to be made quickly and effectively with Barnet Homes.
- Additional work streams include: private landlord repairs service, hoarding works to new micro infill developments and refurbishment of new housing stock purchased by Barnet Homes outside of the Borough of Barnet
- Attendance at community events, use of existing buildings and subsequent upgrade to act as a legacy from the framework
- Carried out extensive refurbishment to a new refuge for the Domestic Violence Sanctuary Unit.
- Provided apprentice and work experience opportunities for local people