COVID-19 Update:16th July 2020
We have been working hard to review our work practices to ensure the health and wellbeing of our staff and the members of the public we come into contact with.
We have adapted our ways of working to ensure the safety of our colleagues and continue to provide high levels of service to our clients and their residents. We have implemented COVID-19 Secure work practices and continue to follow all Government advice.
Our delivery team has received COVID-19 training to ensure they understand the additional precautions they need to take to minimise transmission.
New ways of working include:
- Travelling to and From a Place of Work
- Good Hygiene
- Maintaining Social Distancing
- Health Monitoring
- Working Safely in Homes
- Alternative Means of Consultation
- Covid Incident Preparedness
- How to Raise Concerns
We continue to monitor and review our processes and procedures and adapt these in line with the latest Government guidelines.
COVID-19 Update: 27th March 2020
Following the most recent government advice, and in consultation with our clients, R. Benson has now ceased work on all non-essential contracts.
We will continue to support our local authority and housing association partners on a number of void refurbishment and essential works contracts. These essential works will ensure homes are available to vulnerable and homeless people in the coming weeks and emergency works are safely carried out in residents’ homes.
In addition to the control measures we have already put in place, PPE packs have been distributed to staff carrying out the work alongside guidance about social distancing. The health and well-being of our staff remains our primary concern. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and review our working practices in line with government advice.
COVID-19 Update – 20th March 2020
During these unprecedented times, the safety and well-being of our staff and the customers we serve is our primary concern.
R. Benson has responded swiftly to recent government advice relating to COVID-19 in a number of ways including;
- Implemented a resident screening protocol to safeguard staff, sub-contractors, and residents
- Issued toolbox talks to staff and all sub-contractors, in multiple languages
- Implemented additional cleaning routines and materials to both offices and sites
- Engaged with all clients and shared contingency planning in order to continue to deliver the works as efficiently as possible
- Offered flexible working and working from home for all office-based staff to promote social distancing
- Provided guidance on self-isolation
Business is currently operating normally, and our team is working hard to deliver all of our existing contracts while taking the necessary precautions to protect our staff and customers. However, we will continue to listen to government advice and take appropriate actions as required.